At this point, it is fairly obvious that I love Christmas and today’s post shows no different. Today I am sharing my Rice Krispie Christmas Pudding recipe. I tried it for the first time this year after stumbling over someone’s picture on Pinterest and they have been my most popular bake in terms of my friends and family’s approval.
I love this recipe because it is super easy to make but they look quite complicated and impressive! These little puddings will be something that is loved by the entire family this Christmas so why not have a go and make them for yourself!!! You don’t need many ingredients, in fact I bet you have most of the things in your cupboard already and it won’t take you longer than about 45 minutes.
What you will need:
60g Rice Krispies
125g milk chocolate (of course you can use dark chocolate if you prefer!)
40g mini marshmallow
80g white chocolate
Icing holly leaves (I got these in my local Sainsburys)
1. Measure the Rice Krispies in a small bowl and put it to the side
2. Melt the butter, milk chocolate and marshmallows together until the chocolate and butter have melted and the marshmallows become soft. There are two methods you can use for this. Either put them in a small saucepan and melt on a very low heat, whilst stirring constantly. But this can sometimes be risky in terms of burning the chocolate so I tend to pour just below boiling water into a bowl and sit the ingredients in a smaller bowl swimming on top. It takes slightly longer but reduces the risk of burning the chocolate which will instantly ruin your baking!!
3. Pour in the Rice Krispies and stir until they are coated in chocolate.
4. Make sure your hands are thoroughly washed for this part. Take a bit of the mixture and round it into a ball with a flat bottom so they don’t roll around.
5. Repeat with the rest of the krispies and refrigerate until firm.
6. Melt the white chocolate using one of the methods above.
7. Spoon a little bit of the white chocolate on top of each pudding and place a holly leaf ontop before the chocolate sets.
And there you have it, your own little Rice Krispie chocolate Christmas puddings!!!!
Please let me know if you make these cute little krispie puddings, I would love to see how yours turned out 🙂